- Means “one who shall rise again,” or “resurrection”
- From the Latin first name Anastasius (Anastasios in Greek) which in early Christian times was a favorite name for boys born on Easter
- May also be spelled Anastacia (a less common form)
- Shortened forms include Staci, Stacy, Stacie, Stacy, Stasia, Stacia, Stasya
- Famous for the Russian princess Anastasia of the Romanov family, and the resulting books and movies based on her life
The name Anastasia
Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other companies, and purchases made via these links may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Find out more here.
FREE baby name decor printable/download
Click below to download a large version of this baby name freebie! You can create something great with this graphic: print it out and frame it as a decoration for your baby’s room, or use the design as the basis for a cut file to use with your favorite electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette).
After clicking the name image below, look in the upper right for saving and sharing options. Note: This download is for personal use only — the file may not be sold or redistributed. If you know someone who might like one of their own, please send them the link to this site!