- With an old Dutch/northern German origin, means “a Saxon woman”
- As a Slavic name, means “protector of mankind”
- Related to the name Sasha
- Also may be spelled Zaskia
- Nicknames include Sas, Sass, Sassy, Sassi
- The name is popular in Holland, Australia and England
About the baby name
Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other companies, and purchases made via these links may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Find out more here.
Look! More baby names you might like
FREE baby name decor download
Click below to download a large version of this baby name freebie! You can create something great with this graphic: print it out and frame it as a decoration for your baby’s room, or use the design as the basis for a cut file to use with your favorite electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette).
After clicking the name image below, look in the upper right for saving and sharing options. Note: This download is for personal use only — the file may not be sold or redistributed. If you know someone who might like one of their own, please send them the link to this site!