- Means “A man from Lucania” (an ancient area in southern Italy)
- May be a short form of Lucas or Lukas
- First name of the third child of actor Vincent D’Onofrio
- First name of the second child of actor Colin Firth
- “Luka” is a song by singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega, released in 1987
About the baby name
Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other companies, and purchases made via these links may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Find out more here.
Look! More baby names you might like
FREE baby name decor download
Click below to download a large version of this baby name freebie! You can create something great with this graphic: print it out and frame it as a decoration for your baby’s room, or use the design as the basis for a cut file to use with your favorite electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette).
After clicking the name image below, look in the upper right for saving and sharing options. Note: This download is for personal use only — the file may not be sold or redistributed. If you know someone who might like one of their own, please send them the link to this site!