- Son of Will or William (literally Will’s son)
- Commonly used as a both a personal name and a surname
- As a last name, it’s on the top 10 most popular name list in both England and the United States
- Known as the last name of President Woodrow Wilson, who was of Irish descent
- Famous for Beach Boys musicians Brian, Carl & Dennis; Brian’s daughter singer Carnie Wilson (of Wilson-Phillips), actor Owen Wilson
- The first name of actor Wilson Cruz, singer Wilson Pickett, author Wilson Rawls
- The name of the volleyball in the 2000 movie Cast Away
The name Wilson
Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other companies, and purchases made via these links may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Find out more here.
FREE baby name decor printable/download
Click below to download a large version of this baby name freebie! You can create something great with this graphic: print it out and frame it as a decoration for your baby’s room, or use the design as the basis for a cut file to use with your favorite electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette).
After clicking the name image below, look in the upper right for saving and sharing options. Note: This download is for personal use only — the file may not be sold or redistributed. If you know someone who might like one of their own, please send them the link to this site!