Are there any good baby names that are inspired by types of candy?
That’s what one reader asked! Our response:
Any good names? That all depends on what you consider good, because there really aren’t a lot of candy names that offer any measure of subtlety — you know, that don’t scream, “I AM A CANDY BRAND NAME!” But before you give up all hope of not being obvious and just decide to name your firstborn Snickers or Lemonhead, here are a few sweet ideas.
We’ll start with the most obvious ones…
- Candy (and variants like Candi, Kandy, Kandi, Kandie)
- Honey (there are actually a lot of names that mean honey)
And then, we present you with 20-odd more candy-inspired baby names.
- Cocoa (or Coco)
- Anise (the flavor in black licorice)
- Jordan (from Jordan Almonds)
- Jujube (or Jujubee)
- Lolly (or Lollie)
- Mike or Ike (from Mike & Ike)
- Pixy (or Pixie)
- Reese (From Reese’s pieces and peanut butter cups)
- Ruth (from Baby Ruth)