- Arabic or Hebrew origin
- Translates roughly to words like heavenly, ascender, high, exalted, supreme, sublime
- Feminine form of the name Aali/Ali
- Variations include Aliyah, Alia, Aleah
- Nicknames include Ali, Lea, Leah, Lee
- Famous for singer Aaliyah (last name Haughton), who lived from 1979-2001
The name Aaliyah
Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other companies, and purchases made via these links may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Find out more here.
FREE baby name decor printable/download
Click below to download a large version of this baby name freebie! You can create something great with this graphic: print it out and frame it as a decoration for your baby’s room, or use the design as the basis for a cut file to use with your favorite electronic cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette).
After clicking the name image below, look in the upper right for saving and sharing options. Note: This download is for personal use only — the file may not be sold or redistributed. If you know someone who might like one of their own, please send them the link to this site!